Products - Porsche Carrera Cylinder Kits
This is a do-it-yourself kit designed to restore the entire convertible top hydraulic system, ensuring a long lasting service life.
DIY Porsche Carrera 911/996/997 hydraulic ram inspection and removal instructions
Our rebuilt rams include replacement of seals at the swivel hose connections. The arrow in the above photo shows location of the internal seal.
The Carrera Kit includes:
- A pair of Carrera 911/996/997 rebuilt cylinders. The cylinders come loaded with hydraulic fluid and are pre-positioned for quick installation.
- The installation instructions are specific to our Carrera Kit and cover pump removal necessary for a complete system fluid flush. The described installation method eliminates the need for cumbersome multiple hydraulic fluid reservoir refilling during purging. This method will be especially appreciated by owners of 1999-2001 Carrera 996s.
- Bottle of hydraulic fluid with dispenser. Includes enough fluid to refill and top off the hydraulic pump reservoir after system purge.
- A new set of copper hydraulic line connector seals.
The Porsche 911 series 996 and 997 Carrera each have two hydraulic cylinders that power the convertible roof. Cabriolet Hydraulics highly recommends replacing both original cylinders at the same time as the life span of the seals is predictably similar. See inspection and removal instructions page for Porsche 911/996/997 Carrera cylinder inspection, removal and packing instructions.
Our rebuilt Porsche Carrera cylinder kits carry a 3-year warranty. If a cylinder fails within the 3-year warranty period, we will repair the cylinder at no charge.
Not covered by the warranty: hydraulic cylinder and/or hose damage caused by mishandling, improper installation, and malfunctioning convertible top system components.
WE OFFER 2 FAST TURN-AROUND OPTIONS:
OPTION 1: BUY REBUILT CYLINDERS OFF THE SHELF. We stock "ready to go" rebuilt cylinders for the Porsche 911/996/997 Carrera cabriolet. Rebuilt cylinders can be purchased on an (I) "exchange" basis or an (II) "up front" basis
- Exchange purchase – When you ship your good cores* to us, we will inspect them and have the rebuilt stocked units on their way back to you the same business day. This eliminates the up-front core fee.
- Up-front purchase – Cylinders can be purchased outright. The price will include a refundable core fee when your good cores* are returned to us. This option is subject to our cylinder availability. Please contact us for cylinder availability, core pricing and refund terms.
OPTION 2: REBUILD YOUR CYLINDERS. We can rebuild the cylinders you send to us and have them on their way back to you the next business day.
*What is considered a “good core”?
A good core is a used cylinder that has not been damaged or tampered with in any way. This includes missing parts, and/or damage to the cylinder, the cylinder rod, the drive and guide studs, and the hoses. Often times older model cars may have been resold several times and previous attempts to repair the cylinders may have been made. Carefully look for missing parts, damaged, or tampered-with cylinder components. Cylinders that were previously tampered with will not be eligible for a core exchange or core refund.
If Your Cylinders are Tampered with or Damaged
If your cylinders are damaged or tampered with, please call us to discuss your options. Often times we can still repair your cylinders. Additional costs may apply based on the extent of the damage.
Cylinder Packing Instructions
Place the cylinder hose ends into a bucket and remove fluid by extending and retracting the cylinder rod end-to-end several times. Be sure to point the cylinder hose ends into the bucket and away from yourself.
Push the cylinder rod completely to one end. Wrap the exposed cylinder rod with bubble wrap, foam or anything else that will protect it from getting damaged. Cover the hose ends with plastic bags and snug up with twist ties, zip ties or tape. Wrap each cylinder individually before placing them both in the shipping box. Pack plenty of space filler to keep the cylinders from shifting around.
Payment and Shipping
We accept payment by: Paypal, Visa, and Mastercard
We ship UPS, FedEx, or USPS. Contact us for details.
3007 62nd Avenue East
Bradenton, Florida 34203